Agencies involved in responding to last week’s release of thousands of gallons of an oil-based substance into the Michigan’s Flint River said Tuesday, June 21, that work is continuing in an effort to pinpoint the exact location of the breach. Read the full story by MLive.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Asian carp threaten the Great Lakes. Will calling them ‘copi’ help?
- Human impact on Great Lakes waters predates quagga mussel invasion
- How will tire chemicals affect Great Lakes fish? Some scientists hope to find out
- One fish, two fish – where are all the whitefish?
- Lake Ontario overflowing with microplastics, researchers find
- Does extreme weather threaten the hazardous waste sites that border Lake Michigan?
- Great Lakes mayors team up to support Ontario Marine Strategy
- Great Lakes department official: Watch out for algal blooms
- How Michigan’s Tawas Point Lighthouse ended up in the middle of its peninsula
- COMMENTARY: The Great Lakes region as a climate refuge? We aren’t ready, but we can be
- Water test: Quagga mussels hijack key Great Lakes nutrient
- Time to rebrand: Illinois DNR to rename Asian carp