Nearly every piece of microplastic pulled out of Lake Ontario is tracked and recorded by the dozens of University of Toronto students participating in a study that pulls more than 10,000 pieces of microplastics out of the lake each day. Read the full story by the CTV National News.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Boil-water alert could last 2 weeks in some parts of southeast Michigan
- Endangered Great Lakes piping plovers have productive summer in Erie
- How did Shimmy the 2-footed turtle get from Lake Erie to Burlington?
- Chedoke Creek dredging operation to begin on Wednesday
- 2 remote-controlled Saildrones launched on Lake Superior to gather fish data
- State health dept. lifts no-contact recommendation after Huron River chemical spill
- Whole Body Contact’ advisory lifted for Sterling State Park; algae cyanobacteria has subsided
- Brand-new Great Lakes freighter coming into Port of Green Bay Sunday
- COMMENTARY: Toxic pollution in the Great Lakes remains a colossal problem
- Remeasuring ‘zero:’ Great Lakes datum survey in motion
- Sleeping Bear’s first captive-raised 2022 plover chick migrates to the coast
- Sea lamprey navigate North Shore rivers as reports of the invasive species increase in parts of Lake Superior