The Michigan Department of Natural Resources reports that 73 nests were observed this year and 65 of those nests hatched, giving this threatened species hope for recovery. Read the full story by WZZM-TV – Grand Rapids, MI.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Boil-water alert could last 2 weeks in some parts of southeast Michigan
- Endangered Great Lakes piping plovers have productive summer in Erie
- How did Shimmy the 2-footed turtle get from Lake Erie to Burlington?
- Chedoke Creek dredging operation to begin on Wednesday
- 2 remote-controlled Saildrones launched on Lake Superior to gather fish data
- State health dept. lifts no-contact recommendation after Huron River chemical spill
- Whole Body Contact’ advisory lifted for Sterling State Park; algae cyanobacteria has subsided
- Brand-new Great Lakes freighter coming into Port of Green Bay Sunday
- COMMENTARY: Toxic pollution in the Great Lakes remains a colossal problem
- Remeasuring ‘zero:’ Great Lakes datum survey in motion
- Sleeping Bear’s first captive-raised 2022 plover chick migrates to the coast
- Sea lamprey navigate North Shore rivers as reports of the invasive species increase in parts of Lake Superior