An annual effort to clean the waters of Marquette’s Lower Harbor is returning Saturday. For the fourth straight year, the Great Lakes Scuba Divers and Lake Preservation Club is holding its Underwater Cleanup. Each year, divers from the U.P. and even the Midwest have come to the Lower Harbor to pick up tons of tires and other junk at the bottom of Lake Superior. Read the full story by WLUC-TV – Marquette, MI.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Boil-water alert could last 2 weeks in some parts of southeast Michigan
- Endangered Great Lakes piping plovers have productive summer in Erie
- How did Shimmy the 2-footed turtle get from Lake Erie to Burlington?
- Chedoke Creek dredging operation to begin on Wednesday
- 2 remote-controlled Saildrones launched on Lake Superior to gather fish data
- State health dept. lifts no-contact recommendation after Huron River chemical spill
- Whole Body Contact’ advisory lifted for Sterling State Park; algae cyanobacteria has subsided
- Brand-new Great Lakes freighter coming into Port of Green Bay Sunday
- COMMENTARY: Toxic pollution in the Great Lakes remains a colossal problem
- Remeasuring ‘zero:’ Great Lakes datum survey in motion
- Sleeping Bear’s first captive-raised 2022 plover chick migrates to the coast
- Sea lamprey navigate North Shore rivers as reports of the invasive species increase in parts of Lake Superior