A new Beaver Island passenger ferry is expected to be built in the next three to five years after the state of Michigan budgeted $14 million for the vessel, according to officials of the Beaver Island Boat Company which operates the ferry service between Charlevoix, Michigan and Beaver Island in Lake Michigan. Read the full story by Mlive.com.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Ohio’s proposed transfer for manure oversight is denied after 20-year debate
- Why Line 5 will likely remain open despite Democratic control of Lansing
- Researchers in Minnesota acquire first genome for doli algal bloom
- ‘We were delighted’: Welland River water chestnut cleanup called a big success, work still remains
- Officials: Sturgis Twp. groundwater contamination site continues to improve
- Michigan state park ranked ‘most beautiful’ in U.S. – beating one in Hawaii
- Seeking the snowy owl on Lake Erie’s winter shores
- Exploring Lake Huron sinkholes may help find life on other planets
- What causes lake-effect snowstorms? And why are the eastern Great Lakes most at risk?
- The Brig Niagara model at the Erie courthouse has no maker’s plaque, but maybe not for long
- Great Lakes marine debris removed
- Small-town tradition honors sailors lost, those still on Great Lakes