An Ontario family paddled for 195 kilometres downstream on the St. Lawrence River this summer, in pursuit of a mission to canoe all the way from Guelph, Ont., to the Atlantic Ocean. Their canoe journey started six years ago, when some members of the family decided to explore the rivers near Guelph, their hometown. Read the full story by CBC News.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Pressures from climate change could challenge agreements safeguarding Great Lakes water
- 10 years to build a new icebreaker? Great Lakes shippers cry foul
- Scientists warn of ‘urgency’ in cleaning up Detroit River toxic sediment
- Lake Erie water levels continue falling from record highs. What’s ahead?
- McCollum reintroduces Boundary Waters bill
- A big change in one year; Images show ice coverage of Lake Erie then and now
- PFBC to open largest public fishing access in North East Township
- Erie County could soon welcome cruise ships following Coast Guard approval
- Great Lakes Local Action Fund aims to improve health of Lake Huron
- Mysterious sand slabs appearing on Lake Michigan beach
- Cargoes through port of Duluth-Superior down in 2022 — especially grain, which had its lowest season since 1890
- Task Force asks Biden administration for $425 million for Great Lakes Restoration Initiative