There have been more beach advisories issued this week along parts of Lake Superior. The Minnesota Department of Health says the only current advisory to not enter the water is at Twin Points Public Access Beach, north of Gooseberry Falls State Park, which began on Tuesday. The alert is due to water testing finding elevated E. coli bacteria levels. Read the full story by Fox 21 Online.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Ohio’s proposed transfer for manure oversight is denied after 20-year debate
- Why Line 5 will likely remain open despite Democratic control of Lansing
- Researchers in Minnesota acquire first genome for doli algal bloom
- ‘We were delighted’: Welland River water chestnut cleanup called a big success, work still remains
- Officials: Sturgis Twp. groundwater contamination site continues to improve
- Michigan state park ranked ‘most beautiful’ in U.S. – beating one in Hawaii
- Seeking the snowy owl on Lake Erie’s winter shores
- Exploring Lake Huron sinkholes may help find life on other planets
- What causes lake-effect snowstorms? And why are the eastern Great Lakes most at risk?
- The Brig Niagara model at the Erie courthouse has no maker’s plaque, but maybe not for long
- Great Lakes marine debris removed
- Small-town tradition honors sailors lost, those still on Great Lakes