The Ohio Division of Wildlife is reminding pet fish owners not to release their aquarium fish into state waters, since they can harm native fish species. Technicians found what appeared to be a foot-long goldfish during a fish survey this month on Lake Erie in Fairport Harbor, the division posted Monday to its Facebook page. Read the full story by WJW-TV – Cleveland, OH.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Ohio’s proposed transfer for manure oversight is denied after 20-year debate
- Why Line 5 will likely remain open despite Democratic control of Lansing
- Researchers in Minnesota acquire first genome for doli algal bloom
- ‘We were delighted’: Welland River water chestnut cleanup called a big success, work still remains
- Officials: Sturgis Twp. groundwater contamination site continues to improve
- Michigan state park ranked ‘most beautiful’ in U.S. – beating one in Hawaii
- Seeking the snowy owl on Lake Erie’s winter shores
- Exploring Lake Huron sinkholes may help find life on other planets
- What causes lake-effect snowstorms? And why are the eastern Great Lakes most at risk?
- The Brig Niagara model at the Erie courthouse has no maker’s plaque, but maybe not for long
- Great Lakes marine debris removed
- Small-town tradition honors sailors lost, those still on Great Lakes