Queen Elizabeth II died on Thursday at her residence at Balmoral Castle. She was 96 years old. As many people take a moment to look back on her life and legacy following her passing, it includes a moment in Wisconsin history when the British monarch visited the United States. Read the full story by WGBA-TV – Green Bay, WI.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Ohio’s proposed transfer for manure oversight is denied after 20-year debate
- Why Line 5 will likely remain open despite Democratic control of Lansing
- Researchers in Minnesota acquire first genome for doli algal bloom
- ‘We were delighted’: Welland River water chestnut cleanup called a big success, work still remains
- Officials: Sturgis Twp. groundwater contamination site continues to improve
- Michigan state park ranked ‘most beautiful’ in U.S. – beating one in Hawaii
- Seeking the snowy owl on Lake Erie’s winter shores
- Exploring Lake Huron sinkholes may help find life on other planets
- What causes lake-effect snowstorms? And why are the eastern Great Lakes most at risk?
- The Brig Niagara model at the Erie courthouse has no maker’s plaque, but maybe not for long
- Great Lakes marine debris removed
- Small-town tradition honors sailors lost, those still on Great Lakes