While the Great Lakes Compact bans diverting water from the lakes, years-long droughts in Western states have brought renewed attention to the possibility of pumping water in from the Mississippi River and the Great Lakes. Read the full story by Michigan Radio.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- One year on from its great re-branding, here’s how Copi is doing locally
- Duluth Seaway Port Authority Holds “First Ship” Welcoming Party
- Why fish consumption advisories in Great Lakes states carry their own risks
- Manistee magic: Shipping season begins, first ship arrives
- Sheboygan’s fish shanties, today home to businesses, reflect bravery of early fishermen: Throwback
- Will offshore wind someday power the Great Lakes states? A Lake Erie project may soon find out.
- Lake Huron fisheries updates to be shared at three different workshops
- Environmentalists fear Lake Erie fracking, oil and gas industry says not to worry
- ‘Critical’ Windsor-Detroit truck ferry poised to shut down
- Great Lakes vampires and a new moth helper for monarch butterflies
- Spotted in Lake Erie: Non-native fish species found floating dead near Edgewater Park
- Lake Ontario water levels above long-term average for March