The old Union Fish Co. building in Erie, Pennsylvania’s Wolverine Park Marina will soon take on new life. Gannon University is seeking $1.5 million from Erie County to transform the old building into the Great Lakes Research and Education Center. The facility will be used to test water samples for micro-plastics and other pollutants currently found in Lake Erie. Read the full story by Erie News Now.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- One year on from its great re-branding, here’s how Copi is doing locally
- Duluth Seaway Port Authority Holds “First Ship” Welcoming Party
- Why fish consumption advisories in Great Lakes states carry their own risks
- Manistee magic: Shipping season begins, first ship arrives
- Sheboygan’s fish shanties, today home to businesses, reflect bravery of early fishermen: Throwback
- Will offshore wind someday power the Great Lakes states? A Lake Erie project may soon find out.
- Lake Huron fisheries updates to be shared at three different workshops
- Environmentalists fear Lake Erie fracking, oil and gas industry says not to worry
- ‘Critical’ Windsor-Detroit truck ferry poised to shut down
- Great Lakes vampires and a new moth helper for monarch butterflies
- Spotted in Lake Erie: Non-native fish species found floating dead near Edgewater Park
- Lake Ontario water levels above long-term average for March