The city of Detroit and the Wayne Metropolitan Action Agency recently added 1,125 gallons of water per person per month to a program that prevents water shut-offs in low-income households, expanding a program launched in August to erase water bill debt, repair plumbing, and lower monthly bills for low-income residents. Read the full story by Great Lakes Echo.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Many wetlands will lose federal protections after U.S. Supreme Court ruling
- Great Lakes records fourth lowest ice cover in 50 years. How will that continue to impact us?
- Aquarium unveils renderings for Great Lakes 360 facility
- Massive freighter issues mayday on Lake Erie after engine fire
- Cleveland expands network of “smart buoys” to monitor Lake Erie water quality
- Be careful on the water this weekend as Lake Erie is only 51 degrees
- Not just the waves: the dangerous cold of Lake Superior
- St. Louis River water quality project launched by NRRI, others
- Michigan man charged in Sleeping Bear Dunes river tampering
- Canada Plans $1.8 Billion Investment for New Coast Guard Small Vessels
- Buttigieg: ‘It’s about time’ federal funds approved for Port of Green Bay expansion
- EPA creates $30M grant program to advance Great Lakes projects in underserved communities