After winning a pair of state grants, New York’s Thousand Islands Land Trust will soon have $5.4 million at its disposal to use in conservation efforts. The Land Trust has set its sights on safe drinking water specifically from sites along the St. Lawrence River and Lake Ontario. Read the full story by WWNY-TV – Watertown, NY.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- One year on from its great re-branding, here’s how Copi is doing locally
- Duluth Seaway Port Authority Holds “First Ship” Welcoming Party
- Why fish consumption advisories in Great Lakes states carry their own risks
- Manistee magic: Shipping season begins, first ship arrives
- Sheboygan’s fish shanties, today home to businesses, reflect bravery of early fishermen: Throwback
- Will offshore wind someday power the Great Lakes states? A Lake Erie project may soon find out.
- Lake Huron fisheries updates to be shared at three different workshops
- Environmentalists fear Lake Erie fracking, oil and gas industry says not to worry
- ‘Critical’ Windsor-Detroit truck ferry poised to shut down
- Great Lakes vampires and a new moth helper for monarch butterflies
- Spotted in Lake Erie: Non-native fish species found floating dead near Edgewater Park
- Lake Ontario water levels above long-term average for March