Activists from a Chicago neighborhood filed a lawsuit Monday that alleges that plans to expand a lakefront dump filled with polluted sediment break national environmental laws. Read the full story by Grist.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- One year on from its great re-branding, here’s how Copi is doing locally
- Duluth Seaway Port Authority Holds “First Ship” Welcoming Party
- Why fish consumption advisories in Great Lakes states carry their own risks
- Manistee magic: Shipping season begins, first ship arrives
- Sheboygan’s fish shanties, today home to businesses, reflect bravery of early fishermen: Throwback
- Will offshore wind someday power the Great Lakes states? A Lake Erie project may soon find out.
- Lake Huron fisheries updates to be shared at three different workshops
- Environmentalists fear Lake Erie fracking, oil and gas industry says not to worry
- ‘Critical’ Windsor-Detroit truck ferry poised to shut down
- Great Lakes vampires and a new moth helper for monarch butterflies
- Spotted in Lake Erie: Non-native fish species found floating dead near Edgewater Park
- Lake Ontario water levels above long-term average for March