All of the Great Lakes’ water levels are higher than their long-term average, but the forecast shows the lakes are getting ready to start lowering as we head into fall, fitting into the annual cycle of rising and falling water levels. Read the full story by MLive.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Fighting ‘phrag’: DTE Energy targets invasive plant at Fermi 2
- Construction set to begin in 2024 on effort to keep invasive carp out of the Great Lakes
- Sampling research breaks down PFAS contamination pathways in food sources
- What’s behind odd taste, smell in some London-area tap water?
- Nonprofit group tests for road salt in the Rouge
- COMMENTARY: A marten on Madeline Island is part of positive trend for endangered species
- True stories behind 12 of Wisconsin’s coolest lighthouses
- Will energy from manure help or harm water quality in Michigan?
- The EPA is aiming to get rid of lead pipes in 10 years. But not in Chicago.
- Paddleboarders present $25K check to Cooperative Institute for Great Lakes Research
- Invasive carp barrier could be delayed because Illinois has yet to sign agreement with U.S. Corps of Engineers
- 2 filmmakers with an underwater drone accidentally found a 128-year-old shipwreck at the bottom of Lake Huron