The U.S. National Science Foundation awarded $5 million to the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor to establish the Global Center for Understanding Climate Change Impacts on Transboundary Waters, which will be based at the university’s School for Environment and Sustainability. Read the full story by MLive.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Water usage from the Great Lakes basin declined 3% in 2022 compared to the year before
- Icebreaker Wind project halted, no plans to resurrect effort to put wind turbines in Lake Erie
- How much sewage is going into the Thames? A city website could soon answer that question
- Detroit slag grinder gets air permit despite environmental objections
- How the Jones Island Water Reclamation Facility revolutionized Milwaukee
- Science showing algal blooms more than summer menace
- Negotiators reflect on Great Lakes Compact 15 years later
- What’s the matter with mussels?
- Beaver Island explores community solar project for energy security
- Once they were pets. Now giant goldfish are menacing the Great Lakes
- U.P. residents talk Line 5 tunnel
- Fighting ‘phrag’: DTE Energy targets invasive plant at Fermi 2