The historic Great Lakes car ferry, S.S. Badger will receive a $600,000 grant from the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Maritime Administration. The contribution will go towards an ongoing feasibility analysis to convert the coal-fired steamship into a zero-emission ferry vessel. Read the full story by Trains.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Water usage from the Great Lakes basin declined 3% in 2022 compared to the year before
- Icebreaker Wind project halted, no plans to resurrect effort to put wind turbines in Lake Erie
- How much sewage is going into the Thames? A city website could soon answer that question
- Detroit slag grinder gets air permit despite environmental objections
- How the Jones Island Water Reclamation Facility revolutionized Milwaukee
- Science showing algal blooms more than summer menace
- Negotiators reflect on Great Lakes Compact 15 years later
- What’s the matter with mussels?
- Beaver Island explores community solar project for energy security
- Once they were pets. Now giant goldfish are menacing the Great Lakes
- U.P. residents talk Line 5 tunnel
- Fighting ‘phrag’: DTE Energy targets invasive plant at Fermi 2