Joint Action Plan for Clean Water Infrastructure and Servicesin the Great Lakes Region
About Integrated Water Management
Great Lakes Commission Annual Meeting:
Healing the Fractured Water in Our Urban Environments Session
September 29, 2015 – Chicago, Illinois
- Intro – John Jackson, Project Manager
- Inspiring and Supporting Protection of our Great Lakes – Christine Zimmer, Credit Valley Conservation Authority
- RainReady – Harriet Festing, The Center for Neighborhood Technology
- Chicago’s Stormwater Management – Aaron Koch, Chicago Department of Water
Water Symposium: Conserve and Protect
June 8, 2013 – Cambridge, Ontario
The Water Symposium: Conserve and Protect at the rare ECO Centre on Saturday, June 08, 2013 was hosted by: rare, Grand River Environmental Network, and Great Lakes United. The symposium was sponsored by the Great Lakes Protection Fund and the Ontario Trillium Foundation.
Media coverage: Great Lakes pipeline not needed says local regional water official – Waterloo Chronicle, June 12,2013
- John Jackson, Director, Water Programs, Great Lakes United; Chair, Grand River Environmental Network.Current & Future Threats to the waters of the Grand River Watershed.
- Jorge Cavalcante, Manager of Engineering & Planning, Waterloo Region. Long Term Water Supply Strategy.
- Jenna Quinn, rare Research Coordinator. Cold-water Streams at rare: Health and Importance.
- Susan Bryant, Grand River Environmental Network & APT. Where should our future water supply come from?
- Steve Gombos, Manager of Water Efficiency for Waterloo Region. Regional water efficiency programs & the development of a new regional water efficiency strategy.
- Derek Satnik, Managing Director and Chief Innovation Officer, Mindscape Innovations of Kitchener.Thinking outside of the box on water conservation.
- Sharmalene Mendis-Millard, Community Engagement and Volunteer Coordinator for the RAIN Program at REEP Green Solutions. RAIN: Encouraging Kitchener-Waterloo Residents to Soak up Rain and Save.
- Lorrie Minshall, Water Management Plan Director at Grand River Conservation Authority. The Grand River Basin Water Management Plan: Update and what it means for watershed residents.
Introduction to Integrated Water Management
Wednesday, March 18, 2015 | 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM EDT
- Greater Lakes: Reconnecting the Great Lakes Water Cycle – John Jackson
- Impacts of Water Conservation and Storm Water Management – Jim Ridgeway
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Water Efficiency Programs – Bill Christiansen