Conservation groups are sounding an alarm that a land swap between the state and a private company along Lake Michigan’s shores could set a harmful precedent for state parks and conserved lands, and are asking Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers for help. Read the full story by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Water usage from the Great Lakes basin declined 3% in 2022 compared to the year before
- Icebreaker Wind project halted, no plans to resurrect effort to put wind turbines in Lake Erie
- How much sewage is going into the Thames? A city website could soon answer that question
- Detroit slag grinder gets air permit despite environmental objections
- How the Jones Island Water Reclamation Facility revolutionized Milwaukee
- Science showing algal blooms more than summer menace
- Negotiators reflect on Great Lakes Compact 15 years later
- What’s the matter with mussels?
- Beaver Island explores community solar project for energy security
- Once they were pets. Now giant goldfish are menacing the Great Lakes
- U.P. residents talk Line 5 tunnel
- Fighting ‘phrag’: DTE Energy targets invasive plant at Fermi 2